We are extremely proud of all of our StGIS Graduates from the class of 2018. In addition to a full life at StGIS, packed with challenge, creativity, adventure, culture and fun, they have also completed one of the most rigorous and demanding educational programmes in existence: the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
The IBDP results are one measure of excellence and just one small (but important) story our students will tell as they continue another step along their path of excellence and onward with a lifelong love of learning.
We are pleased to share with you the following wonderful news.
- Of more than 150,000 IB graduates from around the world, 10 Diplomas, and 14 Bilingual Diplomas came from StGIS (pass rate significantly higher than the IB World Average at 96% and our highest in the past four years)
- Our students achieved an average point score of 32 (higher than the IB world average)
- 7 of our students earned an IBDP point score of 35 or higher out of a possible 45 (placing them in the top 25% of all graduates world wide)
- 2 of our students earned an IBDP point score of 40 or higher out of a possible 45 (placing them in the top 6% of all graduates world wide)
- Our students secured places in some of the best universities in the world. Some of these include; University College London, UK; King’s College London, UK; Cenral Saint Martins, UK; IE University Madrid, Spain; Medical University of Vienna, Austria;
Statistics based on the ”IB Diploma Programme Statistical Bulletin: May 2017 Examination Session”
While there are many wonderful individual efforts in the IBDP, we would like to take this opportunity to recognise the family effort required for students to achieve their goals. Everyone, including parents, teachers, administrative support teams, maintenance crews, boarding teams, housekeeping staff, and technical support, plays a critical role in helping our students achieve their best. This is the StGIS way.
Finally, a challenge for our graduates: we are proud of you all for what you have achieved here at StGIS, for how you have grown, and for the young men and women you are today. You leave with an IBDP ranking number, but you must never forget that you are more than this number. What you have achieved today is only a fraction of your remaining potential to achieve excellence in the next eighty years of your lives. Today you have taken one step in a thousand-step journey, what lies ahead is up to you. Be curious, be courageous, be brave, be caring, work hard, be just and honourable and stay in touch. You always have a home at StGIS.