A trial day consists of the following elements:
- an interview with the Deputy Head
- a tour of the school
- placement testing for English language and Mathematics
- attending a range of classes
- attending an afternoon of activities
- staying overnight in the boarding house (for boarding students only)
Where such a visit is genuinely impossible due to geographical location or other factors then alternative arrangements may be made, but a visit to the school is to the benefit of all parties and remains our strong preference
For further information about the application process, please contact infostgisat.
Fee Schedule 2019/2020
Application Fee: € 200
Enrolment Fee: € 2,500
Deposit (refundable): € 10,000 (Boarding student), € 5,000 (Day student)
Boarding Students - Annual Fees:
Boarding Student (Grade 4, 5): € 43,000
Boarding Student (Grade 6): € 45,000
Boarding Student (Grade 7, 8): € 49,000
Boarding Student (Grade 9, 10): € 53,000
Boarding Student (Grade 11, 12): € 54,500
Day Students - Annual Fees:
Day Student (Grade 4, 5): € 23,000
Day Student (Grade 6): € 25,000
Day Student (Grade 7, 8): € 29,000
Day Student (Grade 9, 10): € 33,000
Day Student (Grade 11, 12): € 34,500
Fees cover academic tuition, school lunches and curriculum and enrichment trips and activities for day students as well as accommodation and all other meals for boarding students. There are a small number of additional costs including uniform, lap top computer, Salzburg bus shuttle, examination fees, graduation which will be charged as appropriate.
We ensure high academic standards and the international nature of the school through the careful selection of motivated and talented students. We admit suitably qualified students of either gender and welcome students of all races, nationalities and ethnic origins.
"We welcome students of all races, nationalities and ethnic origins."
In accepting a student to StGIS, we consider
- commitment to the mission and values of St. Gilgen International School.
- the personality and motivation to give one’s best and to share experiences and talents with others.
- the applicant’s potential to benefit from the educational programme.
- the capability of the school to meet the educational needs of the applicant.
- linguistic ability in English.
- willingness to abide by school policies confirmed by teachers and students, as well as mandated by Austrian law.
- fulfilment of the school’s financial and medical requirements.
Although the ideal time to commence at St. Gilgen International School is the start of the academic year, we operate a rolling admission policy whereby students may be enrolled throughout the school year.
All applicants must have successfully completed the previous grade (or equivalent) in their current school. It is entirely at the discretion of the School the grade to which a student is allocated.
Beginners of English, or students with limited English language skills can begin in the primary or middle phases. These students will be supported with a programme of Intensive English (ESL) in coordination with the other academic subjects. However, applicants to Grade 10 and above should be conversant in written and spoken English.
Making an Application
Please submit the following:
- completed and signed application for admission form
- School Reports / Official School Transcripts from the last three years (translated into English if required and certified as a correct translation)
- a copy of the student’s passport
We also welcome the following:
- letter of motivation
- letter of recommendation from the applicant's current school
- copies of certificates of achievement in music, theatre, art, sports, outdoor education, leadership, service/charity work, etc.
If you can imagine your child learning here, the best way to find out more is to arrange a trial day.
Tuition fee invoices will be issued at a time commensurate with the agreed start date. Tuition fees must be paid before the student begins.
You will need to be in possession of the following documents:
- signed contract supplied by the school and Power of Attorney
- proof that the fees are paid
- copy of a valid health insurance policy in Austria
- valid passport
- birth certificate (translated into either English or German)
- photographs according to EU guidelines
Admissions and Fee Policy Information
Parents will be provided with a copy of our admissions and fee policy upon request or following receipt of a completed application.
All documents should be submitted in English (the school's language of instruction).
Where an application is being made with or through an independent educational agency, this must be declared formally at the time of making the first initial application. Later asserted agency linkages (either by an applicant's parents or by an agency) will not be accepted.
Parents of students without an EU passport are responsible for arranging their own educational visa through their nearest Austrian Embassy. Please consider that this process may take up to 3 months, depending on nationality.
St. Gilgen International School offers a generous scholarship program for exceptional students. To apply for a scholarship, students must submit their previous three academic reports and write a letter of motivation addressed to the Head of School. The letter of motivation, written by the applicant, should note their skills, talents and achievements and state why they think they should receive a scholarship to StGIS. This letter should not be more than two sides of A4. Proven excellence in areas such as the arts, music, theatre, sports or outdoor adventure, leadership and service/charity work will be viewed favourably. All scholarships are reviewed annually.
The applicant's parents will have to indicate clearly the extent of financial contribution they can commit to during the period of their son/daughter's education at St. Gilgen International School.
Please be aware that full scholarships are strictly limited to only the most exceptional of potential students. Most scholarships are partial scholarships, 10-50% off the school fees. Scholarships are only awarded on entry.