The DARE Adventure Race
The Dare is a physically demanding adventure race that will take you up mountains, across lakes and off cliffs. Along the way you will also encounter cognitive puzzles and challenges. Does your team have what it takes to complete the race? Do you DARE to take on The Dare?
Location: St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Austria
Date: June 2021 (The exact date will be determined as soon as possible.)
Sign Up Closes: Confirmation is subject to availability – closing date 20th May 2021
- Each mixed team (girls/ boys), comprising of 4 students, must complete the whole course.
- Each team member must cross the finish line together to finish.
- There is a time limit for the course. If a team fails to arrive at a check point in the designated time, they will be removed from the race.
- A team will be removed from the race if they fail to check in at a check point at any point on the course.
- Each team member must carry his/her own equipment at all times.
- There are mental and physical challenges along the course, some of which must be completed as a team, others by an individual team member.
- Each challenge can result in a team being given a time allowance or time penalty, depending on how quickly and accurate your team complete the challenge.
- The team with the fastest overall time will be crowned the winners of the The Dare
All competetors and their coaches have to ‘camp’ in our school buildings together before the early race start.
150 EUR per team. Please include your school’s name and team name at time of payment, using the reference: DARE20
Raiffeisenbank St. Gilgen
IBAN: AT23 3505 6000 0006 8585
17h00: Starter Package pick up
18h00: Race Brief: Information and starter packs given.
18h30: Pasta Party (directly after the race brief)
05h00: Wake-up call
05h30: Breakfast at the campus
06h30: DARE Race rolling start
16h00: After race snacks
17h00: Trophy Ceremony
Other Events: StGIS Open Day
Each team must consist of 4 students (male and female mixed).
Each team requires a name and team captain.
Each team requires at least one coach.
A) Senior – year 2001 – 2005
B) Junior – year 2006 – 2009
Activities: Running, Climbing, Cycling, Watersports, Orienteering, as well as cognitive challenges
A) Senior – approx. 24km
B) Junior – approx. 12km
Race Duration: 5 to 9 hours
Sleeping bag + mat, 15-10 litre backpack, swim wear, towel, running shoes + sport shoes, slippers for overnight stay, long + short sleeved tops, trousers + shorts, rain jacket + trousers, cap, beanie, sun cream, sun glasses, drinking bottle, gloves and at least two fully charged mobile phone per team. (All other equipment provided by StGIS)