Discover our history, learn about our values and meet the St.Gilgen International School staff.
How and what we learn at St.Gilgen International School sets us apart. Discover more about our teaching methodologies and all the opportunities available to our students.
Discover what happens in the daily lives of our students – and how the St.Gilgen lifestyle provides the perfect environment for each student.
St. Gilgen International School is offering an exceptional Summer Camps
Online Parent Portal is widely used in schools to ensure availability of and access to information concerning your child/children.
It is recommended that residents within the Salzkammergut region of Austria receive the immunisation against TBE (FSME). See www.who.int/ith/deseases/tbe/en or www.zecken.at for more information.
Homely Remedies are medicines and treatments that can be bought ‘over the counter’ from a pharmacy, without needing a pre- scription. The School Doctor has approved paracetamol tablets, anti-inflammatory gel, throat lozenges, herbal cough medicine, bite/sting relief gel, and anti-diarrheal probiotic agent (Bioflorin). Homely Remedies are stored in the Medical Room, Boarding Houses and held by Trip/Activity Leaders. Administration is by the House Staff, School Nurse, Trip/Activity Leader and identified First Aiders following approval from the School Nurse
StGIS will make every effort to contact parents in the case of a child requiring emergency medical or surgical intervention. In the event of parents not being reached, or an emergency where the decision to treat must be made immediately, the accompanying member of staff may be required to give consent for treatment, including an anaesthetic. The school will act In Loco Parentis in these emergencies. This covers all students (day and boarders) and extends to educational trips, visits and all school activities.
We strive to ensure that St Gilgen International School Summer Camp is a very special place, a truly inclusive environment where children of all ages and backgrounds have the opportunity to become part of a wider family and where trust is fostered and rewarded.
1. Bullying (in any form).
2. Leaving the site/ village/ activity unless accompanied or agreed by a member of camp staff
3. Threatening behavior, foul, offensive or insulting language to other campers or camp staff
4. Consumption of alcohol
5. Involvement with illegal drugs
7. Entering accommodation used by the opposite sex or fostering an inappropriate relationship with another camper
8. Willfully leaving the boarding house without good reason after lights out
9. Theft, vandalism or illegal activities
10. Accessing and/or publishing inappropriate or offensive content on the internet/social media
11. The possession of knives or weapons
12. Consistently not following instructions given by camp staff
Please discuss these important points with your child and sign where indicated below.Our Code of Conduct helps ensure that your child has a safe, happy and memorable holiday at St Gilgen International School Summer Camp.
St. Gilgen International SchoolIschlerstraße 135340 St. Gilgen, AustriaP +43 6227 202 59F +43 6227 202 59 10www.stgis.at | email@example.com